Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 197
Photo of Alex
how do I make a grid edit report become the default from the main report.
I know it has been asked but I'm not sure how to do so and couldnt find the correct answer.The default table of my quickbase app has list...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Arshad Khwaja
Related record as number
In view mode, related record appears as a record number but in edit mode, I can choose a record from the drop down. How to show record us...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • In Progress
Photo of Arshad Khwaja
Testing for a file attachment
I am using check box to trigger a notification and I have linked this check box to the test if the file has been attached.  I used  "" as...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Arshad Khwaja
Showing a child form in Parent Form
Just wondering if we can actually embed the child form onto the parent rather than looking up values? 
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Tony
Automated upload to ftp site?
Similarly to having Quickbase send an email with specific criteria, I'd like to upload a CSV to a ftp site.  Is that possible without ton...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Arshad Khwaja
Chart Error in Exact form
I am trying to  create a one page report using exact form.  It works well but when I add the following to capture a chart, I get a blank...
  • 2 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • In Progress
Photo of Arshad Khwaja
disable create new app option
I am tired of receiving requests to create app.  Is there a way to disable this from user view in my domain main page ? 
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Stephanie
URL Formula to open file attachment
Ok - I may be missing something easy here, but I need help. I have a file attachement field that may or may not have a pdf attached.  Is ...
  • 1 me too
  • 12 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Arshad Khwaja
Creating event in google calendar
Is there a native solution to send an event to Google calendar from my app? 
  • 2 me toos
  • 19 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Arshad Khwaja
Giving High Level Access to Non Admin
Other than making someone admin, is there an option to provide access to someone to look at the table and app structure?  
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Arshad Khwaja
Formatting of a Formula Text Field
I am using simple formatting in a text field using following syntax:  "<div style=\"font-weight: bold; background-color:Green; color:yel...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of German
Age Calculation
I have a Date of Report field, a Date of Birth field and next to it we compute Age; how can I fill the Age field automatically based on D...
  • 1 me too
  • 15 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Arshad Khwaja
Deleting records by record id
I am updating my tables for the last time but I have noticed I have around 65 records which should not be there.  What is the quickest w...
  • 1 me too
  • 14 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Arshad Khwaja
Master to Detail Records - Quicker way to do this?
Is there a quicker way to create child records than having to press the button or importing a spreadsheet? 
  • 1 me too
  • 13 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Arshad Khwaja
Automatically creating master to detail records
I have a button that creates a set number of records in the child table.  Is there a way to automate this creation of records as soon as ...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Arshad Khwaja
Reminders Not working
I might just know the reason but i am confirming.  like subscriptions, do reminders allow using a user field?  For example i am using [PM...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Arshad Khwaja
Sorting of Records in A Summary Report
Is there an alternative way to sort records in a summary report rather than resorting to additional formula field.  As an example my dept...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Arshad Khwaja
Date variable App Wide
I have some fields which will need to show results based on financial year start and end date.   Instead of hard coding, it there a way w...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Matthew Neil
January 2018 Release Notes
Here we go:  Coming Jan 21st. https://www.quickbase.com/quickbase-blog/january-2018-release-notes New UI.  Lots of purple.   Lots of bu...
  • 6 me toos
  • 37 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Arshad Khwaja
Repeating headers in reports
In a printed  reported as PDF or otherwise, users find it difficult to relate to records on a number pages as to what column these are u...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered