"Change" Rule not working using Numeric summary

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
I have three tasks in a project. Once a task is completed, it shows 100% progress. Once all three tasks are completed, Percent completed shown at the top of my project changes to 100%. I would like "Status" to automatically change to "Completed" once "Percent Completed" changes to 100%. seems easy enough, I created the rule, however it will not fire. I have tried entering 100 instead of 100% and vice versa, still does not work. Also tried clicking the " Fire "change" actions only when a condition changes from false to true" which did not make a difference either. I attached a photo of my project page as well as my rules page. Any help on this is appreciated. I am wondering if it has something to do with the "percent completed" field being of Numeric Summary type?

Photo of mkosek

mkosek

• 928 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

You will need to use a formula field for the [final status]. Keep in mind that form rules only fire when the record is saved and they will not see the results of a summary field which only gets updated after the record is saved - its too late for the form rule to catch it.

So you should have two status fields - a manual one and then a final one by formula. The final status field could say

If([% completed]=1, "Completed",[manual status field])
Photo of mkosek

mkosek

• 928 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
That worked Mark, Thank you!  Now if I wanted it to say In Progress if % completed is less than 100%, how would that formula look?
The formula above says  if the % complete is 1 (100%) then cal,it complete, else use the manual  field.  now - if there is not need for a status other than  say "In process", you can just have that be by formula like

If([% completed]=1, "Completed","In Process")

The "In Process is the "else" result if the condition is not true.