Add New Detail Record Button on Master Form Adds a Copy of a Template Record instead of a New Record

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered

I have a Projects form that has an "Add New RFP button" working fine. But instead of adding a plain new RFP I would like the button to add a copy of RFP #131 which is my template RFP. The template RFP has associated Line Items (detail records) within it that I want to appear everytime a new RFP is opened. All of these records would then be associated with the parent Project Record.

All relationships are set up properly but I cannot figure out how to get the Master/copy RFP button working, and even if it did, how do I bring it to the Parent table? (cause that is not working either).

I'm open to (simply?) altering the code in the already created Add New RFP button (on the projects table) if there is an option to do that. Here is the code for that button:

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_BUDGETS] & "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_323=" & URLEncode ([Record ID#])& "&z=" & Rurl()

Photo of Leanne

Leanne

• 354 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

No problem, and no need to write code.

Just go to
Home
Settings
App management
Copy Master and Detail

It will walk you through the setup to put a magic button on your table. It will allow you to  set it up to always pull the detail from the same parent into an existing Parent.