Authentication and possible cookie issue?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
I'm having issues with cookie(I think). I was able to authenticate thru API and I got the ticket info and I was able to redirect to the dashboard of our QB app using the ticket and apptoken but when I click on any of the links, it takes me to the sign in page. Looks to me like it didn't set the cookie at all. Is that something I need to set manually?. I assume that since this is a browser call, browser would automatically set it once the authentication goes thru.

Any help?.
Photo of Francis

Francis

• 0 Points

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of QB_Support_Brian

QB_Support_Brian

• 40 Points
Hi Francis,

It sounds like you're trying to automatically sign-in people who aren't registered QuickBase users. While the Authenticate API call wasn't designed to do that, you can open your app up to the public to accomplish the same thing. To set that you, you'll need to:

- Choose a role, or make a new one, which will tel QuickBase exactly what public users should have access to.

- Go to Users > Share app with new user, and start typing 'Everyone on the Internet' in the Email box. If nothing comes up, you'll need to visit the Support Portal at https://quickbase.intuit.com/support/portal/ and open a case to request that the ability to open apps up to the public be turned on for your QuickBase account.
Photo of Francis

Francis

• 0 Points
Brian, Thanx for your response. Even though these are unregistered users, they are within our company. Basically we have one generic account setup per office location and we give them access thru our intranet so that they wouldn't know the login info. Then they would be able to open IT tickets. It used to work before the upgrade. I'm not sure what changed with the upgrade.

Every account is associated with a role and the roles are custom. I do see "Everyone on the internet" with 0 users. What does it do if enabled?.

Here's my confusion with the registration part. I'm a valid registered user and I authenticate using my user name and pwd and it returns 0 and then I redirect to the dashboard which comes up fine. Then when I click on any link, it takes me back to login page. What am I missing here?. Since I'm doing thru web, it should automatically create the cookie, correct?.
Photo of Francis

Francis

• 0 Points
I was able to figure out the issue. Thanx for your help.