automation doesn't trigger with save and keep working

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
I'm new to automation, so I'm hoping there's an easy fix to this that I just haven't found yet.
I created an automation to add a record in a child table.
If I "save and close" the parent record, then the next time I go in, I see the child.
However, if I use "save and keep working," this doesn't happen.
Photo of Sarah Clark

Sarah Clark

• 602 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

What's the trigger for the automation? Post a complete screenshot if you can.
Photo of QuickBasePros (Laura Thacker)

QuickBasePros (Laura Thacker), Champion

• 5,466 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
The likelihood with this is that your Save & keep working refresh is happening faster than the automation is creating the child.  If you refresh a few seconds after the Save & keep working redirect; you will probably see the child-record show up.  I have numerous apps where I have a separate "refresh" button on the form to enable users to refresh easily so any automated actions show up in the parent record.  If this is not the case; then you may need to submit a support ticket.
Photo of Sarah Clark

Sarah Clark

• 602 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
You are exactly right! Thank you.
Photo of Hector A.

Hector A.

• 226 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I was experiencing this same issue.  Not at first, but it "suddenly" started to happen and couldn't figure out why.   I finally realized that it started happening when I changed the Performance options under Settings > App Properties > Advanced settings > Performance options, by checking the "Load all embedded reports on a form when the form loads" checkbox.  I went back into settings and unchecked the box and the automation to add child records functions like it did before, without having to refresh the page again.
Photo of QuickBasePros (Laura Thacker)

QuickBasePros (Laura Thacker), Champion

• 5,224 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Good to know.