Calculating a column to result in a %

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
I am capturing survey data in a Quickbase.
I have my web form submission feeding to the Quickbase.
I have my results rating 1-10 reporting just fine
I have my another field [NP] set up so that results translate to another number 9 & 10 = 1 7 & 8 = 0 1-6 = -1

All of that is working perfect.

What I am trying to do is have the QuickBase run a calculation on my [NP] so I can end up with a % score. So I am looking for [NP]/Total Surveys

Is this possible?

Photo of JessicaD_QB

JessicaD_QB

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mark_Shnier

Mark_Shnier

• 570 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
In your special case because all Surveys are weighted equally, if you click the field properties on the [NP] field to show Averages, that value will be what you are after.
Photo of JessicaD_QB

JessicaD_QB

Unfortunately the math with the averages isn't the score. The totals are giving me the raw numbers, but is there a way to automate or come up with the calculation. Using the numbers below, you can see how the averages turned out and how it turns out with the totals.

using the results from the totals I can get my %, but its still manual.

AVERAGES
(empty) 3
-1 11 4
0 21 8
1 257 10
Totals (4 groups) 292 10

TOTALS
(empty) 3
-1 11 -11
0 21 0
1 257 257
Totals (4 groups) 292 246
Photo of Mark_Shnier

Mark_Shnier

If you could post a screen shot it would help, as i can't really understand from your post.  What i am looking to see is the field for [NP} where that field shows Averages.  I'm also not sure if you are using a table report or a Summary report.  if you are using a Summary Report then you can select Averages for that field.
Photo of Mark_Shnier

Mark_Shnier

I see now from your post that you must be using a table report with Subtotals.  Try just adding that NP field, set it to show as a % and set the field properties to show averages.  You should see a string of 100%'s 0% and 100%'s in the column and the Average will be the number you are looking for.
Photo of JessicaD_QB

JessicaD_QB

That works! Only thing I need to do is adjust my Null or decide if I want to ignore the nulls. Thank you!
Photo of Mark_Shnier

Mark_Shnier

Great.  

It works because all your surveys are counted equally.  If this were a quality score on batches of widgets and the batch size varied, then your average widget quality score (which would be weighed more to wards big batches and less to small batches) would not be able to be shortcutted this way.