Can I create buttons to open add record screens using different Forms?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered

So basically I would like one button to open an Add Record screen with one Form, and then another button to open an Add Record screen within the same table using a different Form.

Photo of Chris_MCD

Chris_MCD

• 0 Points

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Jack Edward

Jack Edward

• 0 Points
Ok, first off thank you very much for your continued patience; I truly appreciate it.  
I've created the ne field, type "Formula - URL".  How do I link the new button to it though?  I've checked the field option to "Display as a button on forms and reports" yet I don't the field as an option within the button properties.  How do I link the two?
Photo of Xavier Fan

Xavier Fan, Champion

• 590 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
The Formula - URL field IS the button.  

- you've created the Formula - URL field.  Say you called this "Add Experiment"
- now copy and paste the formula into the Formula section of the field settings of "Add Experiment"
- then you can place the button into your forms and reports - by customizing your report (or form), and adding the "Add Experiment" field in your report (as a column), or in your form (as a form element)
Photo of Jack Edward

Jack Edward

• 0 Points
I see, thank you, that in-table button is working as intended (each record has a separate button).  
I'm trying to create a second 'Green' button at the top of the report.  How do I link a 2nd green button to create a new record tied to the second form?
Photo of Xavier Fan

Xavier Fan, Champion

• 590 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
If you're asking to place your own green button next to the default "New Record" button at the top - you cannot do it in native QuickBase.

If you want to do that - you can post a new question, and someone may respond with a solution using Javascript to manipulate the QuickBase interface.