Can I search for phrases in the file attachments?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered

I read in the Quickbase Help that you are able to search for phrases contained within file attachments. I would like to be able to do this but I cannot find the field that allows me to search. Is this possible and if so, where is the field to search? I do not have any "advanced find/search" fields visible on any table or home page.

Photo of Amanda

Amanda

• 10 Points

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of QuickBasePros_IDS

QuickBasePros_IDS, Champion

• 4,484 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
I believe that this feature is no longer working; as I am unable to get either the <some attached file> or [File Attachment Field] 'contains the word' xxx to work at all, even on a simple text file. I recommend submitting a support ticket to Intuit. I am going to do the same.

According to Intuit; it takes a few hours for file attachments that are uploaded to be "indexed"; and that these types of searches will not work until those file attachments are indexed. I will try again in a few hours to see if the filter finds my test documents and report back - but you are likely seeing the same results I am; no files when searching for files containing phrases because the files are too new to the system.
Photo of Ryan

Ryan

• 60 Points
This feature does work and here's how to find it:
From any table (not the home page), in the upper right corner you'll see your name and to the left of it you should see "Search". (If you don't see this then it means you don't have access to it, and you'll need to contact your App Administrator.) If you click on "Search" you'll see a box open that says 'Search [Table Name]', click where it says 'Advanced search'. In here you can select the table you want search, then select the name of the file attachment field that you'd like to search in.

Laura is correct in that the files need to be indexed prior to being able to search them.I'm unsure of how long this process normally takes, but in my case they were indexed and ready to search the next day.
Photo of txtMovies

txtMovies

• 0 Points
Having the same problem as original poster.  Just uploaded files and tried advanced search to find known words in attached files and not receiving the expected results. Will wait 24 hours and try again. 

Any possibility of having the files indexed in real time? This would be a valuable feature.

Please advise.  Thanks.