Can I total the amount of time spent servicing a project?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
I need to total the amount of time spent servicing a project throughout a given month. I envisage each ticket item having a field that enables the users to put in number of minutes spent and then perhaps on the dashboard page there is a counter type function that shows the clients alloted hours per month decreasing over the month. this counter would need to be reset each month as well. is somethin like this possible?
Thanks
Photo of David

David

• 0 Points

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Eric

Eric

• 40 Points
The simplest way I'm aware of to accomplish that is the following:
1. Create a Ticket Items table
2. Add a date field and an amount field to this table
3. Create a relationship between Projects and Ticket Items where the Project table is the parent table
4. Create a summary field within this relationship totaling the amount field with a matching criteria setting of the date field is during the current month
5. Display this summary value in your project report, or create a formula calculating the number of remaining hours and use that in your report

This will allow your users to add ticket items to a project, select the date the ticket occurred and providing a numeric amount used. Once the month is over, the summary field will revert to 0 and start the new month's process over again.