can some one help me in understanding combined text summary

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
can some one help me in understanding combined text summary. What is the feature and how do i use it?

if explained by example or send a link for the explanation that will be great.

Thanks
Photo of Pushpakumar Gnanadurai

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of QuickBasePros (Laura Thacker)

QuickBasePros (Laura Thacker), Champion

• 5,264 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Imagine you have a parent-record and multiple child records.  Using this new combined-text field; you can summarize the unique-values from a text-field from ALL of the child-records and let them be displayed in the Parent-Record.  The summary field display will separate each child-record entry in a group, similar to multi-select text values.  In some cases, that format can be hard to view/display; so I often have to build an additional formula-text field using the function ToText() on the summarized-field to display the content properly, separated by semi-colons.   

If you have the same value from that child-field more than once; it will only display once in the combined text summary field.

(Edited)
Just to add some color. It will roll up the first 25 Unique child text fields. So 25 and Unique.
Photo of QuickBasePros (Laura Thacker)

QuickBasePros (Laura Thacker), Champion

• 5,264 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Thanks Mark - I had not run into this limitation yet; but I do love these fields for a whole bunch of reasons.
thanks a lot !