Cannot generate list of projects on contact page

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • In Progress
I have a projects table, a project members table, and a contacts table.  The project members table is a many to many since a contact can be part of many projects and a project can have many contacts.

What I am trying to do is to view a contact record and display a table of projects in which they are a project member.

But I cannot seem to expose the related projects table from the contacts table.

Any ideas on what is going wrong?  here is my relationship diagram thus far.
Photo of Ivan Weiss

Ivan Weiss

• 1,304 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

no problem,

You are over thinking this.

On the Project members table lookup the field for project name.  I bet you have already done that.

The on the contacts record include a Report link embedded report of Project Members and only show the [Project name] field on the report used on the form.
Photo of Ivan Weiss

Ivan Weiss

Okay that makes sense, but how do I filter it only to include projects this contact is associated with?  Since it is passing through a joining table.
Did you try it? The report link will naturally filter only for join records which are related to the contact.
Photo of Ivan Weiss

Ivan Weiss

Ah it worked!  When I added it showed the entire report outside of the contact initially which showed all projects.  That is what I thought it was doing wrong.

You are right, totally over thought it!  Thanks!
Well done. Yes that report link field introduces the extra filter really so that only the relevant records Show on the parent resource record.