change 'from address' in autonotification

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
We're having a random issue where customers seem to be using the from address in the autonotification to respond back to us and it's not a valid email address. They don't seem to be replying all but rather copying that address to reach us. Is there any way to change the address to a valid one? our specific address from the notification is below in bold:

-----Original Message-----From: Craig Cartozian [mailto:ccartozian@outlook.com]Sent: Friday, July 19, 2013 11:41 AMTo: fndslists @ lpsvcs.com (via QuickBase) ; ccartozian@outlook.com ; Lee, JohnSubject: Re: Count & Confirmation -23827To New count and criteria for Craig Cartozian client -Longport Properties .Re: New request VILLA REAL ESCROW
Looks good. Please process the 1483 leads.
Thank You,
Craig CartozianLongport PropertiesSent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
-----Original Message-----From: "fndslists @ lpsvcs.com (via QuickBase)" <notify@quickbase.com>Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 22:15:20To: <ccartozian@outlook.com>Subject: Count & Confirmation -23827To New count and criteria for Craig Cartozian client -Longport Properties .Re: New request VILLA REAL ESCROW

Photo of Jen

Jen

• 0 Points

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Xavier Fan

Xavier Fan, Champion

• 930 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
For Notification emails, under "Advanced Options", you can change the "From Address" to be one of the following:
1) notify@quickbase.com
2) the application manager's email
3) select from list of users or enter
4) the user listed in the field (this option may or may not appear, depending on your setup)

For Subscription emails, looks like the options for "From Address" are limited to:
1) notify@quickbase.com
2) the application manager's email

For Reminder emails, looks like the options for "From Address" are limited to:
1) notify@quickbase.com
Photo of Justin

Justin

• 248 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm not seeing the option to add a user's email for the notification email address. Am I missing something?
Photo of Xavier Fan

Xavier Fan, Champion

Looks like the functionality has changed since 3 years ago.

Now - for notification emails - for the #3 option, you can only select from the current list of users.  You can't enter an arbitrary email to be the "From" email.
Photo of Justin

Justin

I have been testing this, but haven't been successful. I have multiple users on the app, all are Account Managers with the "Show in user picker" enabled. I am the application owner, so I have the #2 option. The #3 option only shows myself. Any ideas what could be happening?
Photo of Justin

Justin

Looks like that #3 option is the owner of the notification. You must change the notification owner and then update option #3 to the owner of the notification.
Photo of Xavier Fan

Xavier Fan, Champion

You need to register your company domain with QuickBase - so that their email addresses can be selected.

See here in the online help:

Create a Record Change Notification
http://www.quickbase.com/user-assistance/#creating_a_notification.html
- under the "Choosing a "From" address for your notification:"
If QuickBase recognizes your company as the owner of its email domain, select application users from your company list.

And here:

Getting QuickBase to Recognize Your Company's Email Domain
http://www.quickbase.com/user-assistance/company_email_domain.html