Checkbox field labels on forms are always on the right. Why? Is there a fix?

  • 0
  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
No matter which option is set for a section, the label for a checkbox *always* appears to the RIGHT of the box.  Why can't it go where the section option says - to the left, or above, consistent with the rest of the info in a section.  Screenshots below, left and above; see how the checkbox labels don't move.
(I saw where some one asked this four years ago without a resolution,  so maybe I'm the only person who cares? )
LABELS AT LEFT:

LABELS ABOVE:
Photo of Beth

Beth

  • 1,064 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

  • 0
  • 1
Photo of Ⲇanom the ultimate (Dan Diebolt)

Ⲇanom the ultimate (Dan Diebolt), Champion

  • 26,522 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Use IOL with script similar to this:
var $Field = $("#_fid_6");
var $Label = $Field.next("label");
$Field.insertAfter($Label);
Photo of Beth

Beth

  • 1,064 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Ok, gonna try this.  Looks like fun; I will be so happy if I can make this work! Thanks!
Photo of Ⲇanom the ultimate (Dan Diebolt)

Ⲇanom the ultimate (Dan Diebolt), Champion

  • 26,522 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
>Why can't it go where the section option says - to the left, or above, consistent with the rest of the info in a section. 

Because historically QuickBase has implemented features by hardcoding acceptable default behavior that the majority of people (80%) would be happy with but often leaving the other 20% with no options or workarounds. The problem with this philosophy of product development is that browsers and web development in general are exploding with new features and capabilities which cannot be taken advantage of because everything in QuickBase is hardcoded.

The only way out of this dilemma is to use script. Save yourself a lot of heartache and use script for everything.
Photo of Beth

Beth

  • 1,064 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Thanks!  Now to see if I can make these work.  Wish me luck!
Photo of Ⲇanom the ultimate (Dan Diebolt)

Ⲇanom the ultimate (Dan Diebolt), Champion

  • 26,242 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Embrace your inner script. You cannot fail. This will be a glorious week for you.