Copy master formula issue

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Here is my formula:

"javascript:void(copyMasterDetailButtonHandler('&relfids=35&copyFid=16&destrid=0&sourcerid=" & [Assembly id ID] & "'))"

I am using the same formula on another app and it works great. all I changed was the Fid to match the correct Fid on the new app, which happened to be the same as the original app.

on the app where it works:

I click the copy master button which is located on my "Template". it copies the form and a new page opens up with the item id "copy of TEMPLATE" my tasks copied over as they should

On the new app where it does not work:

I click the copy master button which is located on my "Template". It replaces the template and copies the tasks within that form. So I originally had three tasks. When I hit the copy I have 2 of each task and my Item id is "Template".

Any ideas?

Photo of mkosek

mkosek

• 928 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

I suggest that rather than copy the formula, that you allow the wizard to walk you though the process fresh.
Photo of mkosek

mkosek

So I tried to go through the wizard again and it still will not work. See attachments. First photo is of my template. Second photo is what happens when I click the copy master button
Here is the formula created using the wizard:
"javascript:void(copyMasterDetailButtonHandler('&sourceRID=205&destrid=" & [Assembly id ID] & "', 'bf6s2nzfx'))"
Photo of mkosek

mkosek

I am seeing the issue now, I was choosing import instead of copy. Sorry, Mondays are the worst...
The button is meant to be pushed on a new record - not the template itself.  ie you create the new Parent record and then push the button to bring in the children from the template record.