Create a home page with reports from multiple apps

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered

I read about a former feature in QB where you can set a custom home page for yourself where you can pull reports from multiple QBs that you have access to for view all on one page. Apparently it has now been disabled. https://www.quickbase.com/help/default.html#myquickbase_reports.html

I would like to do this only as a home page in an application... display reports from multiple different apps all on one page. Is there any native way to do this? If not native what do you suggest?

Photo of Sharon

Sharon

• 0 Points

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of QB_Support_Brian

QB_Support_Brian

• 40 Points
Hi Sharon,

The Home Tab feature was briefly available several years ago, however you're correct that it's no longer available. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. There isn't a native way to work around this, however I believe some folks out there use iframes within web page widgets in our current App Home Page tool to design something similar. While we're not able to support writing custom code, some of the developers here may be able to explain how iframes or another custom script could be use to display reports from multiple applications on the home page of a single app.

Thanks,

Brian
Photo of Keith

Keith

• 20 Points
Sharon,

I've found a way to get reports from other apps onto one Dashboard Page, that's along the lines of what Brian describes above.

On a dashboard page, create a Web Page Widget, and copy the URL from the report that you want to see on your dashboard, and add &ifv=0 to the end of the URL. That will eliminate all of the headers and everything so the iframe just shows the chart that you wanted to display.

Let me know if that helps.
Photo of Sharon

Sharon

• 0 Points
I will give it a try and let you know. Thank You!
Photo of Sharon

Sharon

• 0 Points
Ok, this is AWESOME! I will likely be using the Web Page Widget on a lot of my report dashboards/pages as you can still engage the filteres..... so great, but now I've got a lot of work to do :smile:

Thank you again :+1:
Photo of Michelle

Michelle

• 0 Points
Hi Keith,

When I try and use this feature for Bar Charts it removed the header but also reduced the size of the chart to smaller than the window. Any tips on how to remove the Headers for the iframe just shows the graph and filters?

Thanks,
Photo of Sharon

Sharon

• 0 Points
I encountered a similar issue and submitted a help ticket and got this response:

I was able to determine the issue, which was with Web link widget suffix &ifv=0, it needed to have a 1 instead; &ifv=1. Now it looks correct.