Dynamic Form Rule Not Working

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • In Progress
I'm stumped. Something that I've used many times in the past is suddenly not working.

Here's what I've set up:

1. Stores table - key is store #
2. Survey table - key is store # (stores can only submit survey once)
3. Dynamic form rule in survey - if Store - City = ??? (which it does if it sees that a record already exists with that store #) display a section called "Already received"
4. I've also tried using a counter (so summary of # of surveys in store table and then a lookup of that value in the survey table - If # of surveys >0 - show "Already received"

Neither of these options is working and I'm not sure why. I display both fields on the form and can see that the store - city is ??? and the counter is 1. It is the first rule in the list so I know it isn't getting bypassed.

Is anyone else having issues like this?

Thanks!
Photo of Kim

Kim

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Ivan Weiss

Ivan Weiss

• 814 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Could you just use a checkbox to indicate if the survey was Already Received and mark that checked or not based on the other changes to your records?
The rule which checks the counter should work.  When you say that you have a rule to show "Already Received", as you trying to display a field with formula words in the field or are you trying to display a pop up message?
Photo of Kim

Kim

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for your replies Ivan and Mark. Yes, I've determined that what I've done should be working. I was just trying to show/hide a section, where I have a text line that says already received, based on the number of surveys received. I created a net new app and mirrored what I did and it worked perfectly there. Working with the support group to see what is wrong with this particular app. Thanks again!