Email Notification to a User Specified in a Field

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered

Anyone know if I can send out an email notification to a specific person that is listed in a field.

Ex: I have a field "Project Manager". This person that shows up in this field is selected via a dropdown box from my "Contacts" table (where I have their email addresses).

When an event occurs, I want to send an email out to several people, one of which is this "Project Manager".

Any help is appreciated.

Photo of Brian

Brian

• 0 Points

Posted 5 years ago

no problem.

Make a new Notification of Type Open (you cannot change it to be an Open type if you have already created it as a "Recipient").

Select to send to a list of email addresses and just key in your field(s) with your email address(es) in square brackets like you would in a formula. I generally list them vertically.

[Project Manager 1 email]
[Project Manager 2 email]
[Project Manager 3 email]
Photo of charles

charles

• 20 Points
I have a corrective action field called "assigned to"  the "assigned to" field will always be a application user, however, the "assigned to" field will change for each corrective action assigned.  I need to send an email notification to the person specified in the "assigned to" field.
Just make a regular notification and QuickBase will offer up a selection of all the User and List User fields   
http://www.quickbase.com/user-assistance/Default.html#notification.html