Email notification when contract is within 10 days of expiring - not working

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered

Hi All-

So i have an app which tracks all of our contracts with our customers. they all have an expiration date and the report shows the amount of days until the said contract is expiring. I wanted to create a email notification to email me anytime a contract is within 10 days of expiring. So far it has not been working. Here is how i have it setup:

Notify when 'a contract is modified' and when 'specific field changes' -days to expiration- AND when the following conditions are true after the change:
all of these conditions are true 'days to expiration is equal to the value 10 days'.

How to i set it up so it just says email me when days to expiration is equal to the value 10 days.

I have tried changing the all to any. Which did not work either.

Photo of mkosek

mkosek

• 928 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mark_Shnier

Mark_Shnier

• 700 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
You can easily do this, but first you need to understand the two types of automated emails.

A Notification triggers at the split second the record is Saved by a person. However, it does not trigger in the middle of the night simply with the passage of time.

However a Subscription report of all contacts due within 10 days of expiry date can run every night and be in your email first think in the morning.

So just build that report to capture your Contracts which are now within that 10 days and Subscribe to it. To self subscribe to any report, just run the report, look for the "More" button at the top right, and the first option is to Subscribe. Choose daily and you are good to go. Most people take the default and if the report is empty for that day, then no email will be sent.
Photo of mkosek

mkosek

• 928 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Worked great. Only think i need to know now is how i get this report to email to myself and one other person. I do not want all administrators to receive this report, just myself and our purchasing department. It allows me to send to myself, all users with access, and select roles. No where for me to put in a specific email address or user name though.
Photo of Mark_Shnier

Mark_Shnier

• 700 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
no problem.

Yes, you can only self subscribe or force it out to all users in a Role.  I strongly suggest against starting to set up all kinds of dummy roles just to force out a subscription to random people.

I can tell from your posting that your hands and back are all cramped up from QuickBasing all day - in fact all week, it being Friday.  So take a stretch and a walk over to "the other person" and have them run the report and show them how to self subscribe too.

Just tell them its like recording a TV show on their digital recorder box.  Just tune in to the show and press the red record button - so just run the report and press "More - Subscribe".