Extract part of address from address field

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • In Progress
Can I extract data from an address field so that I can format the address when printing it on a letter?

Example

Address field: 

3300 North Brook Place, Boise, ID 83710 United States

How I want to format address:

<p>3300 North Brook Place</p><p>Boise, ID 83710 United States</p>

Photo of Andrea Pahor

Andrea Pahor

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training

QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training, Champion

• 53,240 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If you look at the address field properties, you will see that it is really made up of 6 fields, and each has its own field name and Field ID#, so "yes" is the answer to your question.

Post back if you need help with the actual formula.
Photo of Andrea Pahor

Andrea Pahor

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks. 

I found the address fields you described. But I have encountered a new problem. 

The address I want to format (a customer contact address) is in the "Proposals" table.

The address in the Proposals table is a lookup to the "Customer Contacts" table. 

The address in the "Customer Contacts" table is a lookup to the "Site List" table. 

What is the best way to do this? Should I format the address in the "Site List" table then carry the formatted text through to the "Proposals" table as a lookup? 
(Edited)
Photo of QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training

QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training, Champion

• 53,240 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yes, I suggest that you do this on the highest up source record, so that it is easily available as a lookup field anywhere else in the app, or else you will find yourself re-building that formula concatenation field over and over, on each child and grandchild table.