Flag duplicates

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Answered
I have a CRM app where your basic customer data is entered - Name, address, phone, email. The data can be entered two ways, 1) Manually by a user 2) Automatically using  Zapier. 

I would like to be able to set a checkbox field for a potential duplicate by either email address or combination of first-last name.

I need to be able to analyze the info before I decide what to do with it as sometimes a duplicate has valuable info so I don't want to use any 'must be unique' options. This would also cause my Zapier inputs to fail.

Any ideas on best way to accomplish this?
Photo of Steve Laurel

Steve Laurel

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

In order to flag dips you will need a new table with a key field of the value you are looking for duplicates of. So for example email address.

Initially populate that table with a summary report grouping in email address and copy over to the email table.

Then make a relationship back to the details table based in email address and you can then make s uammrubif the # of details for each email address.

Look up that summary count down to the daetals and you will have your flag Then to auto maintain it, I like to create a field on t(e parent tale called email exists? As a formula checkbox field set to the formula
True

Then look that up down to the details Record.

Then set up an Automation to fire and add a record in the email parent table when a record is added or modified and the email exists lookup field is false.
Photo of Steve Laurel

Steve Laurel

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the quick response Mark. I will set this up.