Form Ribbon

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • In Progress
Does anyone know of a way to add a ribbon to the top of a form?

I would like to have some content available at the top of a form and always be visible even if the form is long enough that the user has to scroll down to enter data into all of the fields.
Photo of Adam Keever

Adam Keever

• 2,400 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
  • cautiously optimistic

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of QuickBasePros (Laura Thacker)

QuickBasePros (Laura Thacker), Champion

• 6,396 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I typically build a [Record ID Display].  This is a formula-text field which I use to replace the default setting of [Record ID#] as the record title in a form.  I can then customize this to include key information about the record; it's parent (if there is one) and perhaps a status (if that applies).  I always add the [Record ID#] on the end, so that as an Admin I have visibility to the record information when troubleshooting user issues.

For example, a formula-text field:

[Company Name] & " - " & [Parent Company] & " - " [Sales Status] & " -ID# " & [Record ID#]

Then go into the table-settings, click on Advanced Settings and change the Record Title to the formula field ([Record ID Display].  I always make this formula field non-reportable so that users do not use it in their reports.

I do not know of a solution to display custom-text that never moves from the Top of the Page as you scroll down.  Even if you use TABS to control how much data the user sees in each one; if you have to scroll within a TAB down below the header of the record; you will still lose whatever you put at the top of the form.  The Record Title however, is always visible.
Photo of Adam Keever

Adam Keever

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your experience.

I have worked around this before by using many forms for one record entry and minimizing the content of each form so that it was not necessary to scroll, but a fixed header or ribbon bar would be a great tool for me.
Photo of Adam Keever

Adam Keever

Quick Base uses navbar and it looks like this when scrolled all the way to the top:

Then as soon as you scroll down a bit it changes to this:

So I am pretty sure it would be possible with image on load and a script page, but I am not that talented yet...