Formula for Greater than the "Date Created" field

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered

I thought this would be easy, but for some reason I'm not getting anywhere with this formula.

I'm basically creating a formula field, which will mark any new records created after the date/time below and marked as completed as "Yes", and if they were created prior to the date/time they would be marked as "No".

If([Status] = "Completed" and [Date Created] > 12-02-2014 10:48 AM,"Yes","No")

The error I get is a formula syntax error which than shows this being the error...10:48 AM,"Yes","No"). I tried to remove the time from the formula, as I really do not care too much about the time but rather just care about the date.

I'd like to eliminate having to create another field to just pull out the Date from the Date Created field, as my table is filling up quickly with reference fields.

Thank you.

Photo of Ken

Ken

• 50 Points

Posted 5 years ago

try this

If([Status] = "Completed" and ToDate([Date Created]) > ToDate("12-02-2014"),"Yes","No")

Photo of Ken

Ken

• 50 Points
Perfect.  Thank you.  I messed with that formula, but was missing the "ToDate" in front of my Date Created field.  I appreciate the response.
Yes, the ToDate (  ) function will change a date/time field into a plain old date field.