Help using If Then, Else

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
"I am trying to use the IF function and need the ELSE part of the formula to revert back to the original formatting of that field. So I have: If([Franchisee's First Spa?]="YES", AdjustMonth([Prospect - Date Purchased], 9), null) ...but where "null" is, I need it to revert back to a field where the user can manually type in the date. Thank you!"
Photo of Stephanie

Stephanie

• 0 Points

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training

QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training, Champion

• 69,572 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
no problem

Just create a new date field called [Date Entry Field] (ie whatever name makes sense in your app) and then adjust your formula to use it.

If(

[Franchisee's First Spa?]="YES", AdjustMonth([Prospect - Date Purchased], 9), 

[Date Entry field])
Photo of Stephanie

Stephanie

• 0 Points
Thank you-any way around creating a new field?  Reason why I'm asking is because I really just need the field that I'm building the formula in to have two options: 1.automatically calculate or 2. manually enter a date.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

It's like Excel. A field can be for data entry or a formula, but not both at the same time.

You can control which fields show in View and in Edit mode using the Form Properties.
Photo of Stephanie

Stephanie

• 0 Points
Ah, okay I'll try that and respond if I have more questions.  Thank you!
Photo of Stephanie

Stephanie

• 0 Points
Okay, my new formula is:  

If([Franchisee's First Spa?]="YES", AdjustMonth([Prospect - Date Purchased], 9), [Spa Open Due Date_B])

but when otherwise, it displays [Spa Open Due Date_A], not [Spa Open Due Date_B] as I've entered as the 'otherwise do this' part of the formula.  Thoughts?

Well, that is not possible.  I suggest that you do some more testing with different records or dates.