Hide Web URL On An Exact Form

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
I want to email a non user a link to a quote which they can view online. But I want to hide some of the URL so they don't know how to change the record id at the end and see someone elses quote. When designing web pages I would use a frameset with the following code in the html.

<html>
<frameset border=0 rows="100%,*" frameborder="no" marginleft=0 margintop=0 marginright=0 marginbottom=0>
<frame src="http://www.URL.com" scrolling=auto frameborder="no" border=0 noresize>
<frame topmargin="0" marginwidth=0 scrolling=no marginheight=0 frameborder="no" border=0 noresize>
</frameset>
</html>

This code would show them visitor the same url for any page they visited on the website. Is it possible to do something like this through QuickBase?
Photo of Patrick

Patrick

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training

QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training, Champion

• 67,558 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
At the risk of sounding like a shill for Juiced, I do love their product and it produces a real PDF or docx.
Photo of Nathan

Nathan

• 60 Points
You can create a script tag, then do a  history.pushState( {} , 'ERP', "test"); this will change the url, but you have to be very mindful when you do that. What I would recommend is you add a token to the page, then use a query, URLRoot()&"db/"&Dbid()&"?a=s&query={"&URLEncode("'<fid>'.EX.'"&[<token>]&"'")&"}&opts=disprec" then you can pushState back to the query string which will keep the whole thing covered. I am currently use this to allow access but hide the record id, or when a customer takes a survey I hide the parameters. The tokens are usually sha1 forward security hashes but you can use whatever you want, feel free to message me. 
Photo of Patrick

Patrick

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Could you help me with this. I would really appreciate it. Where can I send you a private message?