How can I insert a page break between form Sections to force the next section to start on a new page when being printed or converted to PDF?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered

This is not an exact form. The form will be printed or converted to PDF via "More" and "Print"

Photo of Ashley

Ashley

• 70 Points

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training

QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training, Champion

• 67,438 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'm at the cottage staring at a beautiful lake and just using my ipad but no printer. But I have a note that this might work as a text element in a form.

Actually, make that into a field called [Page Break] and out it in your form where you need a page break.

"<div style='page-break-before: always'>&nbsp"

Let me know if it works.
Photo of Ashley

Ashley

• 70 Points
Hey thanks for the response, I may need more guidance on how to do this. I created a text field and put "<div style='page-break-before: always'>&nbsp" as the value for my test record. I added the field to the Form but no luck when i click print, it just appears as the text in the form and doesnt create a page break. I also tried to change the setting of the text field by checking "Allow some HTML tags to be inserted in the field", so no luck at all.

I will try some testing later today ......

Alas, I tried a bunch of combinations of syntax for text elements on forms and also actual fields using html tags, but was unsuccessful.  :(
Photo of Jack

Jack, Champion

• 50 Points
I think Quickbase uses a different css/html code for printing the onscreen form to make it more print friendly which means anything you likely use on screen wont work for printing.

You can though do this easily via an exact form although I appreciate this isn't what you may want to do. It may also be possible to do something with the image onload technique to insert some print related code into the form page onload, if you search the forum for this there's lots of posts on the image on load technique.