How can i track changes to fields when importing data for multiple fields and multiple records?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered

I have a project with over 300 records and i need to track changes to about 30 different fields for each record. A spreadsheet is circulated to about 40 different stakeholders who each own data in specific columns. 

I am the communication funnel and have to identify changes to any of the fields to be discussed on a call with all other stakeholders.

How can i have QB automatically note which fields changed, and the original and updated information?

I have QB notifications set up to send out an email with the changes, but that's extremely cumbersome and generates a LOT of notifications. I'd like to be able to create a report that shows previous data and new data...

Photo of M

M

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training

QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training, Champion

• 67,278 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
My suggestion would be to import these fields into text fields set to Log Changes.  Then have a formula parse out the most current value into a clean field of the correct field type and also parse out the 2nd most current value into another field.  Then you will be able to identify changes.

Note that the imports would all need to go into text fields to be able to log the changes, and then the formula field would parse out and convert the data as required to its proper field type, for example email or numeric.
Photo of QuickBasePros_IDS

QuickBasePros_IDS, Champion

• 4,208 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Is there a reason why your Stakeholders cannot enter their data directly into QuickBase?