How do I create a (case?) formula to show a different color background for MULTIPLE users [Record Owner], as I could do so for one with the IF sample?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
I'd like different background colors for three different record owners and to leave the background blank if someone else owns the record.
Photo of Linda

Linda

• 0 Points

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of QuickBasePros (Laura Thacker)

QuickBasePros (Laura Thacker), Champion

• 6,396 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
You build this in a Report, in the "Record Highlight" section:

Case([Record Owner],
ToUser("name@emailaddress.extension"),"red",
ToUser("name@emailaddress.extension"),"yellow",
ToUser("name@emailaddress.extension"),"green"
)

You can only use row colorization/record highlight on a report-by-report basis; so you would need to put this formula in any report to display this feature.
Photo of Linda

Linda

• 0 Points
Thanks, I switched in the web safe colors for more shading options & it shaded the first two; but left the third user with no color background which is actually fine for my needs; but I may try and add a line so other users/record ownerss are left blank, instead.
Photo of QuickBasePros (Laura Thacker)

QuickBasePros (Laura Thacker), Champion

• 6,396 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Pick your own colors.  I used red yellow and green for illustration purposes.  Anyone not specified will default to QuickBase usual row color.
Photo of Linda

Linda

• 0 Points
Thanks, I tried the third person's alias e-mail address & was able to see their color background afterwards. Thus, the rest don't have color, per your solution. THANKS FOR THE QUICK RESPONSE.