How do I display a "List All" report from one application in a table in a related application?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered

I have an application that is open to everyone on the internet. It is used for customers to update contact information, submit questions, ect. There is a relationship from it to my main application. In my main application, I created a table called "Customer Requests". I don't actually want any data to be entered directly into this table. I simply want all the records from the open application to display in this table and more importantly, I want it to update automatically when a customer hits submit in the open application.

I feel like I'm making this harder than it should be but I'm lost at this point. Help?

Photo of Rhonda

Rhonda

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

no problem,

You can use a Report Link field. Before we set up the Report link field, we just need to do one little trick. Make a formula numeric field on both tables called [Report Link to all records(=1)] with the formula of 1 so they calculate to a 1.

Make the same formula in both. Then on the Main app make a Report Link field based on those two fields and you will be in business.
Photo of Rhonda

Rhonda

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Ok, so I'm not sure exactly how that worked but that was great! One more question though. In the main application, I edited the setting to display the report directly on the form which it did perfectly. Then, I went to that table's home page and added a new report with the only field to display being the "Report" I just created. When I saved it, however, it says there are no results to display. If I select "New Request" from the home page the only thing I see on the New Request page is the table which is great but I would like it to show up on that table's home screen. I hope I articulated that well enough, it seems a little all over the place to me. I added two pictures to the initial question I asked. I would like the report that is showing on the New Request form to show on the table home page. Thank you so much for the help.
You mostly lost me in your latest post.  The Report Link field that we built will only work on a form, not a report.  So  that is that for the Report Link method.

You seem to have a new question.  Can you ask that question more clearly.  Maybe just explain the result you are looking for without the explanation of what did not work.  Be sure to be clear between your Main App's Dashboard,  and your table Home Pages.

But with that preamble I will guess at your question.  You are trying to get a page somewhere on your main app which shows that public report.

Option 1.  The Dashboard will support an embedded web page as a Dashboard element.  You can take the URL of the public report and paste it in to the Web URL.   However, its clunky, because at present you get the whole page within a page so you get a repeat of the headers of the other QuickBase page.

Option 2.  You can make a button to link to that page by selecting a button bar element and pasting in the URL of that other page.