How do I set up a summary table?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
All fields that I need for the summary report are included in my Jobs Table.  I can't seem to get the right combination together so that it will look like the attached file.

My goal is to see how many "starts" started in September and how many "closings" occurred in September...grouped by "builder".
Thank you
Photo of Lynne8817

Lynne8817

• 600 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training

QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training, Champion

• 69,612 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It's a little tricky so that is why you are struggling.   How many months do you need to track?  Would it be OK, for example to track the last 3 months and the current month?
Photo of Lynne8817

Lynne8817

Yes, that would be ideal.  Thx

OK, so assuming that you have a relationships where 1 Customer has many Projects, then you would make the fields as Summary fields on the relationship.  get the fiorst one working and the use duplicate this field" to adjust to make all the rest.

So make a Summary field  to count the records filtered on "Start Date is during the Current month".  Call it # of Starts this month.

Then copy that and rename to # of Finishes this month. Set the filter on Finish Date is during the Current month".

Then copy that and rename to  # of Starts Last month, and filter on Start date is during the previous 1 month.  Then similar for Finishes last month.

Then copy # of Starts Last month and set the filter to

where Start date is during the previous 2 months

and

where Start date is NOT during the previous 1 months

(ie  that means was in the month before last Month)

So, the effect of this is that these fields will be on the Customer record and you will use a simple table report to make your report.  You can go back as many months as you like with more fields.

Photo of Lynne8817

Lynne8817

Thanks Mark!  This worked just fine.
Photo of Lynne8817

Lynne8817

I received an answer from Mark Shnier...is your technique to accomplish this the same?  thx

QuickBase Coach = Mark Shnier.  On this forum I use my company name but some older posts were under my own name.  So its me either way.