How do I show only the Total $ on a calendar report?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered

A summary report shows total $ to be received on a certain day (resulting from selecting "show summary report"). How do I show this on a calendar report as the Total...it is showing each "record" amount.

Photo of Lynne8817

Lynne8817

• 600 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Blake Harrison - DataBlender

Blake Harrison - DataBlender, Champion

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately, Calendar reports can only show individual records. If you are looking to have a calendar report that shows this type of information, you would need a parent record above the table where you are currently tracking the $ to be Received. For example, if you already have an Orders table and you setup a Dates table, you could create a Date field that would act as the key for the Dates table. You could then create a relationship between Dates and Orders, where Dates would be the parent table. You could then do a summary field from the Orders to the Dates on the Order Total and then finally do a Calendar report on the Dates table use the Date and the new Summary field to show the information you're looking for.

This probably sounds much more complex than it is, but I'd be happy to discuss it with you if you have any questions. Please feel free to reach out to me at blake.harrison@thedatamixologist.com or on Google Hangouts under the same email.