How to CC Notification Emails: Notify Whom

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Is there a way to CC non-Quickbase users under Notifications in the Notifiy Whom section? My database is open to everyone on the internet and there is only one place to add a contact and the ToUserList function is only for Quickbase users.
Photo of Christin

Christin

• 0 Points

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Ellie Ellerman

Ellie Ellerman

• 0 Points
Hi Cristin, as far as I know, there isn't a way to do this for email addresses when the emails aren't QuickBase users. Your best bet is to copy the notification for each additional field that contains the email you want to "CC."
Photo of dwhawe

dwhawe, Champion

• 908 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Christin:

When you create a notification, there is a setting called "Permission Type" where you need to select "Open"

Open allows you to type in any email address whether or not it is a user. We use this for sending messages to vendors in a maintenance/repair application as well as to mobile phone numbers as text messages although you need to know the carrier to properly format the address
Photo of Christin

Christin

• 0 Points
Thanks, dwhawe, for your answer. I should have included the fact that my client prefers that the notification be automated when a record is added or edited. Also, each record will have different non-QB user email addresses to send to.
Photo of dwhawe

dwhawe, Champion

• 908 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Automation based on adding or editing a record is exactly what Notifications are designed to do.  However, sending to a different non-user email address for each record is not possible (as far as I know) natively within QuickBase.

You could do it with script in Outlook but that is much more complex than can be covered here.