how to modify new dashboard to your liking

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Create a user defined page named iframe.html which would have the following URL:
https://subdomain.quickbase.com/db/DBID?a=dbpage&pagename=iframe.html
and put the following code into the user defined page:
<!DOCTYPE html><html lang="en"> <head> <title>iframe</title> <s c r i p t src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.2/jquery.min.js"></ s c r i p t> <script> window.parent.func = function() { $("span:contains(Web page widget)", window.parent.document).fadeOut(5000);
$("div.WidgetBarDivider", window.parent.document).fadeOut(5000);
$("body", window.parent.document).css({"background-color": "#b0c4de"}); }(); </script> </head></html>
Then add the URL as a "Web Page" to your new Dashboard. By including the <script> given in the <iframe> page you can modify the contents of the dashboard itself. In the sample code I provide I fadeout the "Web page widget" text and the widget divider so you can see it disappear over five seconds. Then I change the background color of the body. This is just sample code - you can do whatever you want.
Botton line is the the inclusion of the iframe.html into the dashboard provides a mechanism by which you can modify the dashboard page.
Photo of Ⲇanom the ultimate (Dan Diebolt)

Ⲇanom the ultimate (Dan Diebolt), Champion

• 30,434 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Ellie Ellerman

Ellie Ellerman

• 0 Points
Please be aware that especially as the new home pages are a new feature, it may be frequently changing. We do not recommend trying to manipulate the page directly in this way, since when we make changes such code hacks will probably break. Just making sure you are aware that these approaches are not supported and are actively discouraged by QuickBase (like I am doing right now).
Photo of Ⲇanom the ultimate (Dan Diebolt)

Ⲇanom the ultimate (Dan Diebolt), Champion

• 30,434 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
fnord