How to rebuild a Formula URL Field to Access An Exact Form?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered

I built an exact form that I still have in the app, but in a hasty clean up of a table, erased the Formula URL that was generated when I created the exact form.  Can anyone tell me how to recreate just the formula URL to access the exact form?

Photo of JRogerson

JRogerson

• 490 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Keith

Keith, Champion

• 1,204 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Create a new formula url field and use this code

URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=dbpage&sfid=XXX&pagename=" & URLEncode("YYYYY.html") & "&clist=a&rid=" & [Record ID#]

change the XXX to be the field id of a file attachment field in your table...thats if you want to capture the output in a file

change the YYYYY to match the name of your exact form html page
Photo of JRogerson

JRogerson

Thank you for this, I haven't had an opportunity to try it yet, hope to get back to the project in question very soon.
Photo of JRogerson

JRogerson

I am confused over the XXXX change to field ID.  The Exact Form contains the various field id's I want to capture and the output is a form that I can print, so do I just remove "?a=dbpage&sfid=XXX&pagename=" & from the formula?
Photo of JRogerson

JRogerson

Not having any luck here.
Photo of JRogerson

JRogerson

Okay, so here is what I have done ... copied your formula from above and made the changes as such
"URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=dbpage&sfid=Receipt&pagename=" & URLEncode("Receipt.html") & "&clist=a&rid=" & [Record ID#]"
So Receipt is just a name I gave and the page name of the exact form is indeed Receipt.html.  Now when I add this field to a report as an executable field, it does in fact open the Receipt.html exact form file, but none of the field details appear.   Sorry for being such a large pain in the butt....
Photo of Keith

Keith, Champion

• 1,204 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
sfid should be a numeric value.  You do NOT need this so you can remove it altogether.  It is only used if you want to save the output of the exact form in a file attachment field.  You would reference the field id of the file attachment field in the sfid.to do that
sfid=99
Photo of JRogerson

JRogerson

Just wanted to say IT WORKED and thanks and thanks for being so patient with me.  Problem was in the exact form, had to reassign fields and it worked flawlessly.