I am creating a survey that can be filled in by the role Everyone On The Internet. I want to show them the results of the survey so far -- but not the details.

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered

1)  non-user (Anonymous) can enter a survey response

2)  If they want follow up, they can include e-mail

3)  Display survey results so far

How can I show results so far, without showing their e-mail?

I am not finding an "Add only" permission, if they can add a field, they can see that field.

Some other approaches:

How do I turn off the ability to drill down in the summary report?

or

What API call is the summary report equivalent of GEN Results Table?

I'm not finding it in the help.

Thank you,

David in Tucson

Here is a link:  https://intuitcorp.quickbase.com/db/bkcv7p285

It is open to Everyone On the Internet

Photo of David_In_Tucson

David_In_Tucson

• 216 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training

QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training, Champion

• 67,610 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You will need to have an Add/edit Form and then a View form for that Role.

The View / Ednd edit form will be a dummy form that just has words like "Thank you for your Survey Response".  Click here to see the survey results so far".  Forms Usage is set in Forms once you have more than one form.

Now, you cannot show a Summary report without allowing drill down.  There are different approaches to that, but the down and dirty is to set the default report to have no columns.  Then when they drill down they will see all the detail records, but no columns.  Then if they view or edit a record all they get is the "Thank you" form.

Ensure that the Internet Role is all locked down to hide all tables and take away all ability to make reports or anything - ie uncheck every box you can find in User Interface.
Photo of David_In_Tucson

David_In_Tucson

Thank you Mark.

(Wow!  You're fast!)

I tried taking all the columns out of the default report.  I still get the view icon and can then open a record!  No check boxes to turn that on / off.

I had not thought about using an Add Form and a View Form.   -- Thank you!   That sounds like it will help.

I always appreciate your support -- directly on my questions and when I'm reading through looking for answers.  Thank you.
Photo of David_In_Tucson

David_In_Tucson

That hide the fields I wanted to hide.    They can still drill down, but no longer see the e-mail fields with the new view form.
(And they can enter those fields.)

Sorry, I'm not understanding.  Are you OK now or not?

The Thank you form should have no real fields.  They are not allowed to see the detail of other responses, only the Summary results.  So just put in a URL formula field as a link to the Summary report.
Photo of David_In_Tucson

David_In_Tucson

Yes, I'm good.
Photo of David_In_Tucson

David_In_Tucson

That will make it even better.  Thanks.