I am new to quickbase. But I know javascript and jquery coding. I have some need to implement javascript/jquery in QB. But I don't know where to start. Can anybody tell me where to write the code for js/Jquery. Sorry for the lame question.

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Photo of Aditya

Aditya

• 10 Points

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Ⲇanom the ultimate (Dan Diebolt)

Ⲇanom the ultimate (Dan Diebolt), Champion

• 30,064 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You can use a user defined page as a web page and start with a blank slate and add all of you HTML, CSS and JavaScript to the user defined page. and use it as a standalone page in its own browser tab or as a web page widget.

If you want to enhance a Report or Form that will call some script when a button is clicked you can use a JavaScript protocol URL and load your script stored in a user defined page.

If you want to enhance a Report or Form that will immediately call some JavaScript when the page is loaded you use the image onload technique described here:

https://haversineconsulting.quickbase.com/db/bgcwm2m4g?a=dr&rid=294

More details on what you are trying to accomplish would help answer you question.
Photo of Aditya

Aditya

• 10 Points
Thanks for the inputs. I have created a blank page and linked it to web page widget. I have tried simple jquery expand/collapse functionality in that. What I need to achieve is to show a master table in it. And having click on each record of that master table, an area should expand showing the corresponding related detailed records for that master record(according to defined one to many relationship for those tables). I am bit new to quickbase but i have researched on the internet and found out that this can be done through API calls. But I am totally unsure how to do that. Can you please through some light on this. Thanks in advance.
Photo of Ⲇanom the ultimate (Dan Diebolt)

Ⲇanom the ultimate (Dan Diebolt), Champion

• 30,064 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Your question appears to be developed in more detail here so I will consider this closed:

https://quickbase-community.intuit.com/questions/948712