I am up against an unbelievable deadline and all of a sudden I can't see my form anymore.

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered

It is a main form and I can see it in view mode, but I can't see it in edit or add. It is just a blank screen with the save button. I have to get this fixed ASAP! If there is anyone out there that can help me, I'm in desperate situation. I've checked all permissions and I have administrative rights. I can add, edit, everything. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

Photo of bgstatdex

bgstatdex

• 380 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training

QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training, Champion

• 65,310 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I have been there before. Its very scary.

When it happened to me it was caused by a weird bug which manifested itself when I had two appearances of a conditional drop down input field on the form - somehow - as you are not usually allowed to have an input field field appear twice.

I suggests that you make a copy of your form and remove any fields which you feel that you may have recently added to the form. Then test that copy. One way to test a form is to suffix the URL with &dfid=XX where that is the ID number of the form. Or just make that copy your default form.

Hopefully you will remember what you were doing on that form recently and after backing out a few fields, it will come back to life. I'm freebasing tonight (sorry, QuickBasing tonight - different addiction) so I will watch the forum for your progress.

If you want to email me directly, my contact info is in my profile and there is a link there to my LinkedIn page with contact info.
Photo of bgstatdex

bgstatdex

• 380 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thank you so much!  That was the issue, I had a item twice in the form that was used for a conditional drop down.  You hit the nail right on the head.  I cannot thank you enough, this was going to be a time disaster.  We were totally stopped!  Thanks!