I have a table with 2 event types and I need to create subtotals at the bottom of a report for each type & then an overall total

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered

I have a table with 2 event types and I need to create subtotals at the bottom of the report for each event type and then the total overall events

Photo of Krista

Krista

• 10 Points

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training

QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training, Champion

• 65,462 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
no problem.

Do a table Report (which is the usual type of detail report).  Do  a Group By in your Sorting on Event Type.  In the report configuration check the box that says 

Show summary table based on the grouped columns
Photo of Krista

Krista

• 10 Points
Thank you.  I am already doing a sort and group on this report by event name because there are multiple events with the same company.  Is there another way?

Sorry, now I'm not understandig what you are trying to do.  Maybe give me an example or go back to your original question and post an image or a screen shot or an excel example
Photo of Krista

Krista

• 10 Points
I have a table that has 2 event types - let's call them event A and Events B.  Some of Event's A and B are events that are reoccurring - so they are at the same venue monthly for example - and each should be counted as a separate event.   I currently have a report that sorts and groups the events on the event name so the user can see what events are reoccurring and how many they have.  It currently has a total at the bottom totaling the number of Event A's and B's.  in addition to the overall total, the user would like to know subtotals of event A's separate from event B's.  Can I add this to one report or do I need to do a separate one?

It is hard in QuickBase to get nested sub totals like that. I think that you will need two reports.