I have an Inventory list of 250+ items that i want to create orders for. one table lists all the parts.. how do i create an order for all of these?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered

i want the full list available to order from.

where do i put the quantity? 

Photo of Marc

Marc

• 0 Points

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Keith

Keith

• 0 Points
Do you currently have just one Table of the parts? Is there any sort of Order Table currently?

It sounds like one order could contain many parts, but also each part could appear on multiple orders. In this situation you'll want to create a Many-to-Many Relationship http://www.quickbase.com/user-assistance/Default.html#many_to_many_relationship.html

You'll likely end up with an Order Table, where your fields are specific to that order like the customer name and date. Then you'll have a Line Items table where you have fields like the quantity, and the Items table that you already have to list the specifics of the parts.

Your relationships would Orders have many Line Items, and Parts have many Line Items. Every time you add a part to an order you're not creating and adding a new part, you are just creating a new instance of that part.

Let us know if you have any questions here.
Photo of Marc

Marc

• 0 Points
Exactly - but i want the entire list of parts to be on the order form. Not picking parts from a list