I need help retrieving the last (Max Date) certification records from my training app.

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered

I need help retrieving the last (Max Date) certification records from my training app. The Parent table is “Employees”, the Child table is “Training/Certification”, and each employee can have multiple records. Certification is required every 30 days, but training/re-training or practice can occur multiple times during the 30-day period. I could not get any of the suggestions I found in the Online Help or Community to work. Ultimately, I want to create a notification/subscription, based on the last date of certification, of the due date of re-certification.

Photo of Mike

Mike

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Have you tried a simple summary field on the relationship to summarize the maximum of the Training date field?
(Edited)
Photo of Mike

Mike

Thanks for such a quick response. I tried creating a summary (Maximum) of the date field where it only summarizes records where the type is equal to certification. But I’m wondering if the fact that table gets the date from its relationship to another table is the issue.
I'm not understanding.
If you created that summary field, what is the symptom of the problem?
Photo of Mike

Mike

I can't pull the date into a report or get it to show up on a form.
I suggest that you remove the filter for Type and see if you get a result. If that is the case you filter is the problem.
Photo of Mike

Mike

Just tried it, no change.
Are you summarizing the correct field? Does the field you are summarizing have data?
Photo of Mike

Mike

I'm going to undo the changes I made & try it from scratch, I'm still missing something. When I run a report the records & dates show up.
Maybe the children are not connected to be parent. Do your lookup fields from the parent work?
Photo of Mike

Mike

Thank you for taking time to help, I'll have to re-visit this later
I’m traveling until Tuesday, but if you really stuck contact me at www.QuickBaseCoach.com and I will sort you out. It has to be something simple.
Photo of Mike

Mike

Thank you, I'm definitely stuck. This one's driving me crazier than usual. Going to go through everything again but have to take care of some other tasks first. Have a good weekend.
Photo of Mike

Mike

The children weren't connected properly to the parent, straightened everything out & it now works like a charm. Thanks again!
Thx for letting me know!