I want to use a field from one table to derive the status of another field in two different tables.

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I have a field in one table that is delinquent or current for each record. In another table I want to reference that field in order to derive loan status. I am getting the else part of the if statement but not the then part. I also want to add "OR" to the equation so if any payment #1-26 that has a delinquent status the overall loan status will become Delinquent...

If(
[Loan Payment - Payment #1 Frequency Status] = "delinquent", "Delinquent", "Current")
Photo of Erika D

Erika D

• 0 Points

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training

QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training, Champion

• 69,994 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I will make some assumptions about your table structure.  I assume that 1 Loanhas many loan payments and that you have a relationship between those two tables.   Relationship and make the summary field on the left hand side which is a summary of the number of loan payments which are delinquent, i.e. the number of records where the field delinquent status is equal to delinquent.

Then if you like you can make a formula on the loan itself to say that if the number of loan payments which  which are delinquent is greater than zero, then "delinquent" else "current".
Photo of Erika D

Erika D

• 0 Points
Thank you! I had played with this binary type of idea but was hoping to avoid yet another field. Oh well. :) Thanks for your help.