is it possible to save and continue working on the same record?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
can i save and continue working on the same record without redirecting to reports?
Photo of roderick

roderick

• 0 Points

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of QuickBasePros (Laura Thacker)

QuickBasePros (Laura Thacker), Champion

• 6,396 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
You could if you build a custom formula-URL field which essentially will "save" the record and redirect you to the same record in edit mode; but you would have to display this on your Form Layout and make sure you use this custom button instead of the default green save button at the top right of your form layout.
Photo of David

David

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
It happens to be in the user feedback section so if you like the idea please vote for it at the following link:
https://quickbase.uservoice.com/forums/111823-quickbase-product-feedback/suggestions/3510093-add-save-and-continue-in-the-new-ux
Photo of roderick

roderick

• 0 Points
I already created the button and it works great but my problem now is I dont know how to change the label in my button, I cannot see any option in the field properties that i can change the label on the button.
Photo of David

David

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
In the field properties you should see a section called "Display". Within that section there is a text box called "Link text" that you can specify any name for the button you would like. Hope that helps.
Photo of roderick

roderick

• 0 Points
I was watching in youtube "Using Formula URLs" and it seems its the old quickbase field properties thats why I cannot see it in the new field properties. Its okay now thanks for the support.
Photo of Deidre

Deidre

• 0 Points
@Roderick, may I ask what formula you used to create the "save and  continue" button?