Is there a way to create scheduler to create a group of projects based on criteria like a date or group number

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I have a preventative maintenance app with a list of stores in it. I am wondering if there is a way to do the following

1. A group of stores will be assigned per contractor
  2. The PM schedule will need to be set by stores on a quarterly basis
  3. The PM's will need to be automatically created and dates set for each group
  4. These (tasks) will need to show up as Active Projects so that they are visible and can be monitored for completion by the contractors and our service group
  5. If a task (project) goes past due date, notifications will be sent out to the contractors as a report of open overdue PM's
  6. I possibly envision four buttons
    1. Schedule Q1 PM's
    2. Schedule Q2 PM's
    3. Schedule Q3 PM's
    4. Schedule Q4 PM's
  7. My service group is wanting to stagger the PM's by a group of stores but each store will get 4 quarterly PM's
I am using the ABC 4 Project management app

I have added an Active Projects report filtered to projects setup but not completed. The projects will be assigned to group of subcontractors....so 10 stores to A, 10 stores to B, and so on

I need the ability to setup a PM schedule by groups of stores and simply press a fire a script to setup a group of stores based on PM schedule. Each store will get 4 quarterly PM's.

When these PM's are scheduled I would send an email to contractor with a list of there stores and scheduled PM dates.

I know of the copy Master Detail function but now sure if this is the route I need to take.

I have a location table with all of the stores listed and thinking that I can add four fields for the PM dates and use that tied to four buttons to setup the quarterly PM's without have to Add New 40 or 50 times.

I am in the process of formatting a back end and mobile technician form for completion and data entry while in the field performing the PM's

Would there be a way to utilize the Add Project button already there
Photo of Joey Zint

Joey Zint

• 1,800 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training

QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training, Champion

• 67,720 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The scope of this question is probably too broad to solicit a response from the Community.  If you wish you can contact me directly to work though this with you on a one one one basis.
Photo of Matthew Neil

Matthew Neil

• 31,698 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Doing it the way you have talked about will work, sort of, but will get messy.  If you haven't already gotten help from Mark, post back here and we can continue the discussion.
Photo of QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training

QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training, Champion

• 67,720 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
FYI! I have been in touch with Joey and we are working towards a solution as he builds out his tables.  Him requirement is actually more complicated than this as the scheduled maintenance events needs to have a form which displays the checklist fields to be completed, and these vary according to the machine type being serviced.  Each location being serviced on that technician visit has multiple machines to be serviced of different types.