Is there a way to stop Quickbase from rotating images when uploaded?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered

I have used the "thumbnail" field to restrict the size of the image but many of my images, taken in portrait aspect, are automatically rotated 90 degrees onto their side. Anyway to stop this from happening?

Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 0 Points

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Lovell

Lovell

• 0 Points
Hello Jacob, 

My name is Lovell and I am with QuickBase Care. Thank you for your question today. In this case QuickBase doesn't actually rotate the image. It may actually be a web browser issue if that is what you are experiencing. Try an alternate browser/or edit the pictures orientation before uploading to counteract what you are experiencing. 

Regards, 

Lovell

QuickBase Care
Photo of QuickBase Tools

QuickBase Tools

• 22 Points
Hi Jacob,

We introduced an add-on that can help if you were interested. Please check out the demo at:

https://juicedtech.quickbase.com/db/bjbvcqmxm

Any questions please do not hesitate to email me: toddj@juicedtech.com

Thanks!
Photo of Jim Harrison

Jim Harrison

• 1,926 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi QuickBase tools I went to the link posted above. Tried to rotate an image and it didn't rotate. On the pop-up window, there is a Close button that does not close the popup. I am using Chrome. Not sure if it's user error or browser but thought you'd like to know. 
Photo of Keith

Keith, Champion

• 1,126 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
hi Jim,
sorry for this not being as clear as it should be...

after you view the record you just added, if you edit it and choose a degrees to rotate, save the record and try again it will rotate it...just click refresh to see.
I just did one myself