Limit on text space for code page: textLength: 32255. How to solve this?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I ran out of space for writing code at code page. I assume it is limited by parameter textLength: 32255 in QB code. Does anybody knows how can I extend the space for coding or other creative solutions to overcome this? Thanks!

Antonina

Photo of Antonina

Antonina

• 0 Points

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Ⲇanom the ultimate (Dan Diebolt)

Ⲇanom the ultimate (Dan Diebolt), Champion

• 30,074 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I don't know what all is in your code page as the screenshot only shows a fraction of content. But if the code page is too large you have to resort to some type of transclusion. For example, inline CSS and JavaScript should be included through <link> and <script> tags respectively. If you have a ton of HTML in your code page you need to use JavaScript templating or another technique to dynamically build the HTML content since there is no widely supported way to transclude HTML content (unless you are using a specific browser such as Chrome [in which case you can use HTML Imports] or a specific library that support HTML transclusion).

The bottom line is that you need to find a way to decompose your overall content into individual components that can be save in code pages and are under the limit you have encountered.
Photo of Antonina

Antonina

• 0 Points
clear. Thank you!