Look up combined with free text field

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered

I have two apps - one which tracks financial performance data from multiple sources and one that manages projects. We've just been informed that we have to track the tasks for one project in the project manager, and the dollars in the financial app.

I need to be able to track two separate lists of initiatives in the two apps, but make them "talk" to each other such that the intersecting initiatives have their dollars tracked in the financial app and their tasks tracked in the project manager in a simple, efficient manner.

The issue I'm running into is that I can't use Sync because there are a couple hundred initiatives in each database, and only about 30 have to be tracked in both.  I need to be able to pull a subset of initiatives from one app into another but still free key the additional, non-intersection initiatives.

Photo of Carrie

Carrie

• 0 Points

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of QB_Support_Brian

QB_Support_Brian

• 40 Points
Hi Carrie,

When you create a connected table using Sync, you can create a filter rather than bring over all the records from the source table. So if there's a field in the original table which can identify which ~30 initiatives out of the ~300 total should be synced, you could filter on that to avoid syncing all 300 records.

Thanks,

Brian

QB_Support_Brian

• 40 Points
Hi Carrie,

When you create a connected table using Sync, you can create a filter rather than bring over all the records from the source table. So if there's a field in the original table which can identify which ~30 initiatives out of the ~300 total should be synced, you could filter on that to avoid syncing all 300 records.

Thanks,

Brian
Photo of Carrie

Carrie

• 0 Points
Hi Brian,
The other problem with Sync is that I can't edit the records in both places.  Do you know if this will eventually be introduced?

QB_Support_Brian

• 40 Points
Hi Carrie,

Unfortunately I can't comment on when future features might be released. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

- Brian