Map shows up on form on my screen, but not when I print it...

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Answered
I have built a form that calls for the Address field in it.  When I bring up the actual form for a customer (click on the record), the map graphic shows up as well as the actual address info.  However, when I print that form, only the text address info shows up, not the map graphic.  Can I change a setting to get the small map graphic as well?  Thx, Mark
Photo of Mark Glevicky

Mark Glevicky

• 566 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training

QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training, Champion

• 69,914 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
There may be Browser setting in the printing menu to "show background shading"  Which browser are you using.
Photo of Mark Glevicky

Mark Glevicky

Chrome

Did you try enabling "Background Graphics in the printing menu
Photo of Mark Glevicky

Mark Glevicky

Just tried that, plus tried it in Internet explorer...no joy
Photo of Mark Glevicky

Mark Glevicky

Any other ideas welcome.  I tried also using Edge, changing printers, and printing to pdf.  Map never comes up.  Seems like of strange that it would be on the form shown on the screen and not printable...  Thx, Mark

I think that you need to put in  a support ticket.  I actually think its a bug or a missing feature, not sure which.  i tried it myself just now and the map won't even come up on the print preview, so its certainly not going to print on paper. 

Please post back with what support says.

Photo of Mark Glevicky

Mark Glevicky

Sorry, can you tell me how to put that ticket in?  I'm still on the 30 day trial so hopefully can still do that.
Photo of Mark Glevicky

Mark Glevicky

I found it thx.

There is a ? icon at the top of every Quick Base page and then link to Manage Support Cases.  Mention you are on a 30 day trial and they may try extra hard for you, but Support is generally excellent I find.

Quick Base is a truly amazing product so don't let this hiccup taint your whole experience.
Photo of Jason

Jason

• 1,406 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I am on a new pc so I haven't had a chance to make changes to Chrome yet and I can print the map. You may have to restore to defaults or clear your cookies and cache.
Photo of Mark Glevicky

Mark Glevicky

I cleared everything and still not showing up.  Are you printing from the print dialogue within Quickbase report, or just printing the webpage of the form using the Chrome print command?  If I use the Chrome print the map shows up, but of course so does everything on the web page...  Thx, Mark
Photo of Jason

Jason

• 1,406 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I use the browser print only. Tack off the background and remove the header and footer.
Photo of Mark Glevicky

Mark Glevicky

OK.  That works for me too.  It's the form print command that's not showing the map.  I need to use this command as it will print all the records at once that I need.
Photo of Mark Glevicky

Mark Glevicky

Support was quick to respond, impressive.  However, printing the map within a form is not possible.  They suggested I put it on the wish list, so I did.  Seems odd not be able to do this, but at least I have an answer.

• 69,238 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thx for taking the time to post back.  i guess if you really need to print the map you link out to google maps via the address link or else use the browser to print the page.