Modifying the Date Create Field

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered

Hello,

We have built numerous trend reports around the "Date Create" field that is automatically generated each time you create a record. Unfortunately, we had issues in which one of our team members wasn't able to create the records on time for the August work needing to be completed, so these records were created in September instead of August.

As an Administrator, I don't suppose there is a way for myself to modify this date so I can retroactively move the records to August? I believe I know the answer as I can't see this as an option in the numerous ways I've tried.

I am aware of the reasons why this would be a non-editable field. Moving forward we may decide to create a new field (e.g. - Report Month) so that we develop trends reports off this editable field in a situation this occurs again. Depending on the response I receive back, we may obviously need to retroactively create this field for our reports this month.

As always, thank you.

Photo of Ken

Ken

• 50 Points

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training

QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training, Champion

• 67,268 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The [date created] is not modifiable, although you can rename it.. The low tech solution is simply to have a [Date Created override field and then a formula field to use the [date created override] if not null, else [date created]

But then you need to look in the "Usage" tab where the [real [date created] is used and replace it with the new date created formula field.
Photo of Ken

Ken

• 50 Points
Thank you for the confirmation that the field isn't modifiable.  In terms of your recommended solution, this is exactly my thought process for creating a work around.  I'm glad I'm starting to think like a non-novice QuickBase user.  

Thanks again, greatly appreciated.
Photo of QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training

QuickBaseCoach App Dev./Training, Champion

• 67,268 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
also note that the [date created] is actually a date / time field - which is an annoying field to override in that format as you would also need to enter a time - for most apps, the time of day is less important.

So, you might want to rename your [date created] field to be called [system date created], and then have a formula date field like

If(not IsNull[Date Created Override]), [date created override], ToDate([system date created]))