Need help looking for latest parcel count of all versions from Child table to Parent table

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered

Currently child table has multiple designs with versions and parcel counts.  Parent table only has the designs.  I would like to get the latest parcel count for each design.

i.e. 

Child ~~~Design A: v1 - 100 parcels, v2 - 200 parcels, v3, 175 parcels

I would like to have the latest parcel count of each design in parent so...

Parent~~~ Design A: 175 parcels

I know you have to do a maximum of record ID from child but having a road block on making that relationship.  

Photo of Yang

Yang

• 0 Points

Posted 4 years ago

I think that you are making it more complicated than it needs to be.

Just go to the Relationship where 1 Parent Design has many children and make a summary field which totals the Parcel Count field.
Photo of Yang

Yang

• 0 Points
I think I don't have that reverse relationship seeing as Design Table is the child table.  So I would have to create a Design being Parent table then do a summary field of the child?  Even though the parcel data is in the design table?  If that's the case, what would the reference field be?  Oh and I'm looking for the latest parcel #, not the total of all versions combine for each design.
Sorry. I did not read the question closely enough. You can do it with a reverse relationship but in this case you don't need to.

You can do a summary maximum of the maximum Record ID of the Child records. Then look that up down to the child records. Call the lookup field Record ID of the Most Recent Child.

Then do a summary Total of the Parcel count field but subject to the filter that the Record ID is equal to that lookup of the Maximum Record ID.