New upgrade-how do you change what is displayed on the table home page?

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
By default - I don't know how this is determined - but there is the same report that shows in the table home page.

How do I got about changing what is displayed on the table home page?

Thank you
Benecia
Photo of benecia1111

benecia1111

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Benicia, can you explain your question better?  So, on "New Upgrade" you mean the September 30th release, right?  There is no such thing as a Table Home page.  Or are you asking about the new UX which is now in Beta testing with some users now.  If that is your question, I believe that when you click on a table name in the new UX, you get a default report showing the first 5 fields form the default report.  Normally a user is not supposed to go there, but instead will click on the reports link to see the Common and personal reports available.
Benicia, can you explain your question better? So, on "New Upgrade" you mean the September 30th release, right? There is no such thing as a Table Home page. Or are you asking about the new UX which is now in Beta testing with some users now. If that is your question, I believe that when you click on a table name in the new UX, you get a default report showing the first 5 fields form the default report. Normally a user is not supposed to go there, but instead will click on the reports link to see the Common and personal reports available.
Photo of keirab

keirab

• 20 Points
I think that she is talking about the "New" QuickBase which they have launched for all new Trial accounts and are piloting with some existing accounts in production. To answer your question, it is based on the "default report" for that table. If you are on the table home, you can select "More > Set columns for this list" and set which columns have green checks in the "Default in Reports" column. The order is also probably controlled by the "Default Sort Order", which is set on that same Fields List page for that table.
Hope that helps, Keira
I too have the same question.  Keirab's answer is specific to determining which default columns display in the reports.  The question is "Is  it possible to set what report displays by default when the table is selected"?  This is for the "New" QuickBase.  Currently it is displaying every single record where active or not, etc.  I want to be able to customize it in the same manner as the Home pages (Dashboards).
Photo of Mark_Shnier

Mark_Shnier

• 700 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Here is a link to HELP about the table Home page http://www.quickbase.com/user-assistance/default.html#about_table_home.html

It explains how it chooses the fields to display and the records to display (sorts on Date Modified). Basically it looks though the first 10 fields looking for 5 "good ones" to display.

Mark
Photo of Cam

Cam

• 32 Points
It would sure be great if we could set a filter on the Table Home Page - for example to only show records created by the current user.
Photo of Diane

Diane

• 0 Points
I have the same issue when I go to the table to use a report I created.  I can't choose the report until AFTER I go to the Table Home page.  It then defaults to a 'list all' for that table which is useless when you have many thousand of entries in that table.  There should be a way for the Application Administrator to set a default report to display when you go to  the Table Home page OR just display the list of reports available instead of having to click the 'Reports' link.
Photo of Paul

Paul

• 40 Points
we also require the table on the home page to be configured to only show records created by the current user as confidential information can be viewed by all when our users need to only view their own records here. is this going to be configurable in the immediate future?
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 0 Points
This is a big problem for us too.  Seems the Table Home Page is completely open, and cannot even be restricted through User Access to records.  A simple fix would be to allow us to define which report the table's home page points to, or even better make it function just like the Application Pages (customized layout, reports, etc.)
Photo of Rachel

Rachel

• 0 Points
I agree with Jacob - it would be very helpful to be helpful to control which report is shown when you click on the table icon...
s/b on the December 9th release - this weekend.
Photo of Ellie Ellerman

Ellie Ellerman

• 0 Points
Just making sure folks see the new feature that lets you select the report to use for the home page, launched on Dec 9th. Access it by clicking on "Customize this Page" on any table home page.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.