On Save Form rule

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
I am currently trying to get my brain around the rules on forms. I have developed a PO system that works well but i am stuck on implementing a way for users to enter temporary Suppliers and Delivery addresses.

I have so far tried to create extra fields to use for a temporary supplier and use a check box so that when the box is ticked then the form opens the extra fields for the users. This part works well, the problem i am having is using a rule to save the information from a details table so that it can be shown on an exact form. I do not want to directly use this information as it could either be entered temporarily by the user on the form.

TLDR: I need a way to fire changes on a newly opened form so that when a user changes a linked dropdown field it udates a set of fields on the master table.

I hope i made sense, although i probably didnt as it is the end of the day.
Photo of chris

chris

• 0 Points

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Jared

Jared

• 0 Points
Hi Chris,

Please correct me if Im wrong, but it sounds like you would like to make changes to a parent record when a child record is created. This would not be native Quickbase functionality, but it may be possible by utilizing a partner solution. Please see a list of our partners at
http://quickbase.intuit.com/partners/add-ons.

Thanks,

Jared
QuickBase Support